Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
Greet and serve the guest by Marriott standards of food and beverage quality, presentation and sanitation, and in a gracious and professional manner. Display aggressive hospitality through positive personality with both guest and fellow associates. Take pride in all facets of service with a clean professional appearance and keep a sparkling clean dining room at all times.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 責任概要 :
1. Follow all Marriott policies and procedures.
2. Comply with the “clean as you go” policy.
3. Report to work on scheduled days at the scheduled time.
4. Report to work in uniform following all appearance standards.
5. Work as a TEAM.
6. Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
7. Honour all reasonable work-related requests made by a manager or supervisor, which may be outside your normal job activities, to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service throughout the Hotel.
8. Check out with your supervisor before leaving your station or the floor for any reason.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Check your station, prior to opening, for cleanliness of tables and chairs, proper set-up of salt and pepper, sugar, ashtrays, flowers, lamp, clean cutlery and glassware.
2. Do all necessary opening and closing side work according to the side work schedule.
3. Have all necessary tools ready: tray, pen, bus towel, corkscrew, etc.
4. Develop a complete knowledge of menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be ready to answer any guest questions about the menu in a positive and concise way. Know the use records.
5. Operate the Point of Sale terminal correctly and follow all Marriott check-closing procedures.
6. Practice aggressive hospitality and use Suggestive Selling techniques when taking guest’s order.
7. Develop a good knowledge of beverages, liquors, and wine service.
8. Pick up and present food and beverages according to standard service procedures. Properly bus the table throughout the meal. By dessert, all condiments, dirty dishes and silverware should be cleared, except sugar and appropriate silverware and beverage glasses that are not empty. Pay special attention to finer points of service, i.e., replacing ashtrays, water glasses filled, checking back just after serving entrée, keeping proper posture and being personable, but limiting conversation.
9. Bus, clean and reset the table according to standard procedures.
10. Chewing gum or smoking is not allowed while on duty.
11. Attend all meetings or training seminars as required.
12. Study and follow the Associate’s Training Manual.
JOB SPECIFICATION職位要求 :
Profile of Competency
l Guest-focused outgoing personality with a good smile.
l Ability to meet standards of appearance.
l An honest self-starter with a cool, organized disposition.
l Can meet needs of guest satisfaction within company guidelines.
l Demonstrated good communication skills in Mandarin. English preferred.
l Minimum Vocational School
資格 / 等級証:
NOTICE 注意 :
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. 同事須明瞭酒店是每周七天、每天二十四小时运转的行業。因應工作需要，上班的班次会随时相應调動。
Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice. 管理層保留在没有提前通知的情况下对工作描述变更的权利。
I have read and received a copy of the above description and fully understand that violation of any of the stated responsibilities and duties is grounds for disciplinary action.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible