Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能 :
Assist in the smooth running of room service with overall. Maximize revenues and minimize costs with particular attention to complete guest satisfaction, associate welfare, and profit margins.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 責任概要 :
1. Assist the Assistant Marriott Cafe Manager with his/her responsibilities for the room service area including the Executive Lounge and Pool Bar Service, ensuring a smooth running, profitable operation within the framework of the hotel.
2. Keep the Assistant Marriott Cafe Manager informed of all current information in room service.
3. Ensure optimum guest satisfaction al all times in keeping with policies.
4. Ensure adequate supplies of equipment and maintenance of par levels.
5. Ensure that billing and cashiering is carried out as per standard operating procedures.
6. Be responsible for guest check control.
7. Be responsible for control of floor master keys.
8. Ensure that fire, health, safety and hygiene standards are maintained.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Monitor appearance of room service staff. Guest contact servers or attendants must maintain a sharp look—proper uniform clean, pressed; shoes shined; hair at correct length and clean; hands well-manicured.
2. Organize the setup of the breakfast and evening cocktails at the Executive Lounge.
3. Organize preparation of trays and trolleys for service.
4. Maintain and control all food and beverage par levels.
5. Be aware of special cashiering procedures, C-7’s, executive checks, etc. and ensure they are properly accounted for.
6. Be aware of all Marriott guest programs, discounts, etc. and ensure that billing is correct.
7. Check daily for special events and requests to see that orders go out properly and on time.
8. Institute, monitor, and maintain aggressive hospitality program for room service by:
· Use of tray cards on all orders
· Efforts to remember guest’s names and use them throughout phone conversation
· Have servers address guests on delivery by their names
· On special requests, unusual orders, or VIPs, check back to see that everything is in order and all needs are taken care of
· Be helpful by knowing your hotel and directing guests when they have questions
9. Handle guest complaints and keep management and service personnel aware of guest satisfaction level.
10. Follow all POS procedures, to include training of all personnel, and be responsible for use of proper procedures on checkout, bank handling, checks, voids, and tally cards.
11. Answer the telephone and take orders if needed. Run any order as needed to improve the speed of service and meet an objective of 30-minute orders.
12. Follow hospitality guidelines and procedures to sell hospitality set-ups to 25 people or less.
13. Monitor associate sidework schedule, daily cleaning, and heavy duty cleaning schedules.
14. Walk all floors at the end of the shift to inspect server’s clearing of floors.
15. Above all, lead by example through a “hands-on” approach to motivate associates to excel.
1. Conduct, on a daily basis, menu class, line-up and taste panel and record such on the appropriate forms, post, and then maintain on file.
2. Have quizzes and daily raps with room service servers and order takes to assure job knowledge and consistency of quality. Make sure records are posted and memorized by entire room service staff.
3. Train order takers to effectively sell up through suggestive selling; set guidelines on how to up-sell; check back with parties in parlors and suites to replenish orders.
4. Supervise the training of new associates by adherence to the prescribed Marriott 90-day program and knowledge of food and beverage menus and service; at the end of an individual’s program, evaluate their performance with management.
5. Enforce staff discipline, coach and counsel, as necessary. Participate with management in all wage reviews.
6. Assist in conducting monthly associates meetings.
1. Prepare weekly schedules for shifts, assuring rotation of days off and in accordance with projected business, and submit for approval.
2. Maintain an employee attendance log and review such with management on a weekly basis.
3. Communicate daily with management all operational and personnel problems, complaints and comments and develop solutions to such.
4. Attend the following meetings, when necessary: BEO, staff and F & B.
5. Do wage progress reports weekly.
6. Compile breakdown reports for banquet functions.
7. Participate and encourage participation in the Marriott Quality Program.
8. Accurately record sales and trips.
9. Set up and maintain controls for care of equipment to minimize costs through breakage.
10. Supervise inventory counts, as required.
11. Assist the Assistant Room Service manager in checkbook accounting.
12. Honor all reasonable requests made by a manager, which is may be outside your normal job activities to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service throughout the hotel.
1. Be aware of all Marriott Guest Incentive programs and the correct accounting procedures pertaining to them.
2. Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans for the outlet.
JOB SPECIFICATION職位要求 :
Profile of Competency
l Minimum of two years of Room Service supervisory experience.
l Demonstrated a high regard for personal appearance and hygiene.
l Demonstrated leadership qualities.
l Demonstrated great hospitality skills and sensitivity to guest needs
l Have a good eye for quality food and beverage service.
l Demonstrated a good understanding of food production.
l Demonstrated strong work ethic.
l Able to speak read and writes fluent English and Chinese.
l Minimum Vocational School
資格 / 等級証:
NOTICE 注意 :
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. 同事須明瞭酒店是每周七天、每天二十四小时运转的行業。因應工作需要，上班的班次会随时相應调動。
Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice. 管理層保留在没有提前通知的情况下对工作描述变更的权利。
I have read and received a copy of the above description and fully understand that violation of any of the stated responsibilities and duties is grounds for disciplinary action.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible