Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 責任概要 :
Leading for the Front Desk team in order to achieve better service standards in terms of guests and associates satisfaction. Ensuring the department is well maintained and in keeping with the company’s integrity and image. Organising adequate/more training for all associates in Front Desk for individual ‘self’ improvement. Ensure associates are practising a balanced work/life schedule. Maintain neutral at all times, and strongly adhere to Marriott’s Guarantee Fair Treatment.
Areas of jurisdiction will be the Front Desk.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Ensure daily operation is smooth and is manned by sufficient manpower at all times.
2. Be aware of the duties and responsibilities of all associates in order to better lead the section.
3. Ensure all associates abide by the policies and procedures of the department hotel.
4. Checking on condition of equipments in the Front Desk area (especially lobby areas), and ensuring all in working condition and up to standard to maintain our corporate image.
5. Purchasing of department’s stationary and equipment when required.
6. Monitoring occupancy of the day in order to have a better control over total rooms’ inventory.
7. Ensure all guests are enrolled in our Marriott Rewards Programme upon check in
8. Checking on the scouting of Guest Satisfaction Survey daily.
9. Checking on daily log entry in the incident book to ensure all matters are resolved promptly and according to guidelines given by supervisors.
10. Monitor purchases of the department and ensure monthly expenditure is in line with budget.
11. Reviewing of repeat guests’ gifts and to ensure the quality is up to standard.
12. Reviewing and fine tuning all policies and procedures for the department as and when required.
13. Dealing with associates appraisal and supervisors ‘Supervisor Performance Process’.
14. Maintain effective service in line with the hotel’s corporate image
a) Company’s Grooming Standard
b) Standard Operation Procedures
c) Departmental Policies
d) Corporate Policies
15. Monitor and encourage associate for room upsell program and achieve business
16. Ensure all PSB input and files correctly and timely.
17． Attending departmental meetings or any other meetings as assigned by the management.
18． Conduct training classes not only for Front Office but Hotel wide to better equipped and groom associates when out front with guests.
19． Handling of overbooked situations and to liaise with Sales Department on the Walk List whenever necessary.
21． Request for guest to fill up our GSS forms upon check out.
22. Knowing all emergency procedure at all times.
22. Have departmental meetings at least once a month to ensure all associates are performing their job smoothly with sufficient working tool and that everyone is treated fairly in all area and speak up whenever there are concerns
23. Establish effective 15-minute training and briefing with associates prior to reporting to stations
24． Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy reports
safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each. Ensure that all associates are properly trained to these procedures
25. Have accurate and complete guest assistance information available regarding events taking place in town, restaurants, athletic events, etc
26. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION職位要求 :
Profile of Competency
· Preferably with service experience in relevant industry
· Preferably experience with any PMS programs
· Adaptability and willing to grow with the company
· Positive and cheerful disposition
· Able to converse in English fluently
· Preferably ‘O’ Level qualification
資格 / 等級証:
NOTICE 注意 :
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. 同事須明瞭酒店是每周七天、每天二十四小时运转的行業。因應工作需要，上班的班次会随时相應调動。
Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice. 管理層保留在没有提前通知的情况下对工作描述变更的权利。
I have read and received a copy of the above description and fully understand that violation of any of the stated responsibilities and duties is grounds for disciplinary action.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible