Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能 :
Greet and serve the guest by Marriott standards of food and beverage quality, and in a gracious and professional manner. Display aggressive hospitality through positive personality with both guest and fellow associates. Take pride in all facets of service with a clean professional appearance and keep a sparkling clean dining room at all times. Always greet guests with a smile. Be warm and friendly and ensure the Marriott’s Six Principles of Hospitality are practised all the time.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 責任概要 :
1. Report to work on scheduled days at the scheduled time.
2. Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
3. Check out with your supervisor before leaving your station or the floor for any reason.
4. Comply with the “clean as you go” policy.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Enrol guests in Marriott Rewards programme.
2. Provide information about the hotel and the surrounding community.
3. Keeping Executive Lounge and Library in tip top condition and maintain cleanliness round the clock.
4. Update guest profile in Fidelio when necessary especially when guests’ personal preferences mentioned over conversation.
5. Check the newspapers and magazines are updated. Read log book, follow up file and ensure everything in order.
6.. Ensure all follow-ups are promptly and accurate:
a) Providing Business Centre Services
b) Concierge Services
c) Rooms request/amenities arrangements
d) Future reservations or other related matters
7. Ensure that all guests receive their faxes, messages and parcels upon arrival if it is handed over by Concierge agent.
8. Monitoring and confirming time of departure with all due out guests and prepare for guest checking out at the Executive Lounge.
9. Performing cashiering duties, e.g. post in charges, foreign currency exchange, checkout by cash or credit cards and selling of gift vouchers
10. Preparation for breakfast and cocktails daily and ensure food quality and service is maintained at the best for total guest satisfaction.
11. Check your station, prior to opening, for cleanliness of tables and chairs, proper set-up of salt and pepper, sugar, flowers, lamp, clean cutlery and glassware.
12. Develop a complete knowledge of menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be ready to answer any guest questions about the menu in a positive and concise way. Know the use records.
13. Develop a good knowledge of beverages, liquors, and wine service.
14. Pick up and present food and beverages according to standard service procedures. Properly bus the table throughout the meal. Dirty dishes and silverware should be cleared, except sugar and appropriate silverware and beverage glasses that are not empty, keeping proper posture and being personable, but limiting conversation.
15. Warmly greet every guest with smile, address guest by name and take down the record for reference.
16. Clean and reset the table according to standard procedures.
17. Do food and beverage inventory daily and update the filing document at the same time.
18. Study and follow the Associate’s Training Manual.
19. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION職位要求 :
Profile of Competency
· Preferably with service experience in relevant industry有在相关行业工作的经验。
· Positive and cheerful disposition积极乐观的性格。
· Adaptability and willing to grow with the company适应并愿意与公司共同成长
· Demonstrated communication skills. Fluently in English and Mandarin
· Minimum graduated from college.
資格 / 等級証:
NOTICE 注意 :
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 18 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. 同事須明瞭酒店是每周七天、每天十八小时运转的行業。因應工作需要，上班的班次会随时相應调動。
Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice. 管理層保留在没有提前通知的情况下对工作描述变更的权利。
I have read and received a copy of the above description and fully understand that violation of any of the stated responsibilities and duties is grounds for disciplinary action.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible