Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
Lead the team in Front Office to achieve better service standards in terms of guests and associates satisfaction. Ensuring the department is well maintained and keeping with the company’s integrity and image. Organizing adequate training for all associates in Front Office for their self improvement. Ensure associates are practicing a balance of work and personal life schedule. Areas of jurisdiction will be Front Desk, Guest Service, Concierge including Bell, At Your Service, Executive Lounge and the Business Center.
1. Ensure daily operation is smooth and is manned by sufficient manpower at all times.
2. Be aware of the duties and responsibilities of all associates in order to lead the department efficiently.
3. Conduct monthly department meeting and act on feedbacks, suggestions to ensure a better work environment for all associates.
4. Ensure all associates abide by the policies and procedures of the department and hotel.
5. Check on condition of equipments in the front office to ensure they are in working conditions and up to standard of corporate image.
6. Monitor daily occupancy for better room inventory control.
7. Ensure all associates are aggressively scouting for new Marriott Rewards members.
8. Check daily Executive Summary to ensure all incidents are resolved promptly, and to do any follow-up with guest as and when necessary.
9. Monitor purchases of the department and ensure monthly expenditure is in line with the budget.
10. Review and fine tune all policies and procedures for the department as and when required.
11. Respond to guest comments and complains from Guest Satisfaction Survey or Guest Alert from Corporate as and when required.
12. Plan department’s budget with Director of Rooms and Director of Finance annually.
13. Be the systems manager for Opera in the resort and liaise with Opera support for any back ups and baseline updates.
14. To be conversant with Opera, Marsha, PABX, key card system and other software used by the hotel in order to effectively generate reports, training programs and /or any requests from in-house guests.
15. Attend meetings scheduled by management as and when necessary such as Leadership meeting, Sales Strategy, etc.
16. Complete all managers’ Leadership Performance Process (LPP).
17. Ensure that all managers practice “Managing from the lobby” concept, and to ensure that Front Desk and Guest Service Managers are present in the lobby areas during peak hours and as and when necessary.
18. Maintain effective service in line with the hotel’s corporate image for:
a) Company’s grooming standard
b) Standard Operation Procedures
c) Departmental Policies
d) Corporate Policies
19. Ensure effective communication within the Front Office as well as other departments in achieving the hotels’ goals.
20. Establish good rapport with guests and improve services of all areas in front office operation to maintain high level of Guest Satisfaction.
21. To be able to plan, organize and prioritize daily job duties effectively to ensure the smooth operation of the front office.
22. To ensure that all associates thoroughly understand and actively participate in exercising cost management such as energy savings, recycling, and proper use of office stationary and supplies.
23. Work closely with Sales & Marketing and Revenue departments to achieve the highest occupancy and average daily rate.
24. To ensure the front office operates within the operating expenses budget with effective control of the followings:
a) Office supplies
b) Guest supplies
c) Front office operating expenses
d) Telecommunication expenses
25. Coordinates with Accounts department for updated credit information and to clear any outstanding accounts of guests.
26. Understand and embraced the operating values, mission statement and vision of Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, and practice with team members.
27. Evaluates associates performance regularly and tackle weak areas for immediate improvements. Implement training programs in conjunction with the training department, and provides guidance to associates in a professional manner for their career-development.
28. Ensure guests’ needs are attended promptly and efficiently with follow-up as and when necessary. Be a positive role model for all team members.
29. Coordinates with the Director of Services, Revenue Manager and Director of Engineering in blocking rooms for maintenance purposes.
30. Embrace a sense of ownership towards all equipment of Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, and that they are handled and used in a caring manner. Any sightings on property equipment that are mismanaged or vandalized are to be reported to the Security department immediately.
31. Ensure the importance of safety and security of all guests and associates are well understood. To liaise and work closely with security department in handling any incidents of crimes and accidents within the hotel premises.
32. Be well versed with all emergencies procedures and be able to provide instructions and lead guests and associates to safety in the designated area for emergency situation. To have a sound knowledge on all the roles of each team member during emergencies and to delegate effectively to ensure the safety of both human and properties of the hotel. To have a detailed knowledge on various types of reports to be generated during any emergencies situations including proper auditing of guests and associates.
33. Ensure that all associates display an excellent level of courtesy and etiquette in the presence of guests and fellow associates.
34. Brief Front Desk Managers and Supervisors on any new policies, F&B promotions including special instructions from upper management.
35. Prepares rooms forecasts and other reports for management attention, and verify morning statistics reports including accurate daily occupancy forecast.
36. Be an ambassador of the hotel at all times.
37. Actively look for ways to improve and modify operation procedures to improve guests and associates satisfaction.
38. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
JOB SPECIFICATION职位要求 :
Profile of Competency:
l Minimum 8 years of Front Office working experience with at least 1 year Front Office Manager experience in International Hotel.
l Demonstrated key Marriott leadership competency qualities.
l Demonstrated excellent communication and hospitality skills. English proficiency is required, Mandarin preferred.
l Higher Education and Industry Related Training Program.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible