ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
We are diverse, warm and caring, but also demanding, dynamic and innovative. As with every property in the group, Shangri-La Hotel Bangalore will operate on a simple yet powerful philosophy of Shangri-La hospitality from a caring family. The uniquely Asian view of service at this luxury hotel in Bangalore embodies the core values of respect, helpfulness, courtesy, sincerity and humility. These qualities have been the cornerstone of Shangri-La’s success.
We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Director of Food & Beverage to join our team and are looking for Caucasian / European profiles for this role.
The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for the operation, management and overall performance of all the F&B Operations in the outlets. As such, he/she will be directly involved in the day-to-day running of the outlet in connection with staffing, customer services and product quality. Delegation of duties and responsibilities to the Outlet Managers is necessary to ensure the proper functioning of all phases of F&B service in the areas under his/her control. He/she is to implement all standardized procedures, rules & regulations systematically to be in line with hotel standards and policies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall supervision, leadership and direction of the Hotel’s food & beverage division to ensure the efficient, effective and profitable operation of all outlets. Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, the incumbent will be responsible for maximizing profit and service quality, ensuring that our guests experience our renown Shangri-La hospitality.
A few of the defining attributes of the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage are his/her engaging personality and exceptional people management skills coupled with strong business acumen and innovation. The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage will also need to demonstrate a good understanding of budget and P&L, cost control and Human Resources processes and procedures, including training and staff engagement.
- Experience in the same or similar capacity with a luxury hotel group
- Hospitality and/or F&B qualifications at degree level or above
- Exceptional communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Exceptional ability to build long-lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
- Relevant experience in quality driven environment
- Natural ability to anticipate guests’ needs
- Strong knowledge and experience in F&B operations
- Demonstrate innovation in F&B marketing and promotions
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of local and international trends and market
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Consistent record of team development
- Knowledgeable in P&L Report.
- Strictly enforces HACCP guidelines throughout the restaurant.
- A team player, dependent, highly motivated, mature and able to work independently with a high speed of execution
- Enthusiastic to the job whilst able to challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail, service-mind oriented
- Strong work ethic performed in the highest integrity
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Abshot Layout, Bengaluru, India
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible