Shangri-La Sydney - Events Manager
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney, situated in the heart of the historic Rocks district. With 565 guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Chi Spa, 8 food and beverage outlets and 17 conference and meeting rooms, this Deluxe 5 star hotel is tailored towards both the corporate and leisure guest.
In this role you will handle all aspects of negotiation and coordination process of events for all function rooms, Level 36 and groups involving more than 10 rooms. You will executes and support all catering sales-related activities as well as maximising revenue opportunities in his/her specific area of responsibility, thereby contributing to the overall local catering revenue
- Handles the coordination of all local catering events including corporate, associations and government and social local catering events and groups as required
- Prepare an operational check list of seating plan, VIP location, AV or other requirements and assure that the venue is thoroughly checked prior to arrival in accordance with standards.
Liaise with clients to finalise event details and provides professional advice.
Secure booking fees, deposits etc as required. And finalize final payments with outlet and accounting.
Handle all incoming catering leads as distributed by Director of Events Management and converts into confirmed business.
Conduct site inspection and other sales activities to ensure high business conversion ratio.
- Hospitality Certificate or Diploma
- Knowledge of Restaurant, Banquet & Hotel environment
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build rapport with clients and hotel stakeholders
- Job type
- Sydney, Australia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible