Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
Health Club Manager
About the Role
<span lang="EN-GB" style="font-family: "Times New Roman","serif"; font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt;">The Health Club Manager must be a dynamic individual and is responsible for all operations of the Health Club, Swimming pools, Spa (if not CHI).
<span lang="EN-GB" style="font-family: "Times New Roman","serif"; font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt;">He / She must ensure the facilities are well maintained and the guests and members are provided with a safe, inviting and memorable experience.
- Creates an atmosphere in the Health Club where the guests are treated in a safe and inviting environment.
- Has the ability to motivate staff and create a workplace that is interesting and promotes a positive culture. Must deal with all Human Resources related matters.
- Constantly evaluate facilities, services and activities in order to offer new and exciting experiences for guests.
- Ensures there is a drive for business results by planning and implementing new revenue generating ideas, while keeping a tight control on expenses. To ensure business best practices are in place for inventories, audits, billing, etc.
- Ensures plans are in place to drive membership and guest retention.
Required knowledges and skills
- CPR and First Aid
- Degree in related fitness, nutrition, sports or business field.
- Previous experience in a PT role is highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills in reading and writing English
- Previous supervisory experience in international class Hotel / Resort Health Club Operations.
- Motivator and self starter
- Commitment to professional values
- Customer / people oriented
- Job type
- Sydney, Australia
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible