Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney, situated in the heart of the historic Rocks district. With 565 guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Chi Spa, 8 food and beverage outlets and 17 conference and meeting rooms, this Deluxe 5 star hotel is tailored towards both the corporate and leisure guest.
In this role you will be required to provide guest service, handles the setup of daily Horizon Club food and beverage service, as well as clearing dishes and maintaining a tidy Lounge and pantry area.
- Warmly welcome guests upon arrival and check-in/check-out according to established standards and procedures.
- Be familiar with hotel facilities and functions as well as major city attractions and events; provide guests with accurate information as requested.
- Take personal responsibility and initiative for any tasks as required, to assure guest satisfaction and follow up when necessary.
- To assist colleagues with Food and Beverage operations.
- Efficiently handle any special requests by our VIP guests
- To set up and provide tea and coffee service.
- To set up, serve and clear evening drinks.
Experiences and skills required:
- Ability to work under pressure while having an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills; including both verbal and written
- Service and Product knowledge in Food and Beverage and Front Office (Opera advantageous)
- Experience in a Five Star hotel environment
- Current RSA
- Available to Work a full time rotational roster including weekends and public holidays
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Sydney, Australia
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible