Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney is the city''s leading luxury hotel. Located in the historic Rocks district between the Sydney Opera and Harbour Bridge, our hotel offers 565 spacious and inspired luxury guests rooms and suites, five food & beverage outlets and 20 functions rooms.
As a Laundry Supervisor your role is to o<span style="letter-spacing: -0.1pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language: EN-AU; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">rganise, co-ordinates and controls the employees in the Laundry to provide and maintain quality of service for guests and hotel employees.
- To ensure all staff are well trained to sort all linen properly to ensure that no foreign objects go into the washing machines and cause extensive damage to linen stocks and machinery.
- Keeps all work flowing smoothly and monitors employees performance.
- Check chemicals supplies and ensure sufficient stock at all times.
- Inspect daily all machinery reporting any repairs or expected repairs to laundry Manager and to the Engineering Department.
- Closely supervise proper operation of all machines.
- Conduct regular linen stock takes and record all discarded linen to be sent out for recycling.
- Supervises the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct policies standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Knowledge of Hotel environment
- Experience working in Laundry and using equipment such as washer, dryers, ironer, etc.
- Previous supervisory role or team leader role
- Has previously worked with chemicals and understand safety precautions
- Has Full Time working rights
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Sydney, Australia
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible