Shangri-La Hotel Payroll Officer
- Excellent company culture with great employee incentives
- Great remuneration and benefits on offer
- Fantastic and central location conveniently located in Sydney CBD
Reporting into the Area Financial controller and working within Finance team, as the Payroll Officer you will have ownership of the payroll process. Your responsibilities will include:
- Entering new employees into and maintaining employee master data
- Processing end to end payroll functions including weekly payroll for 350 staffs and fortnightly payroll for 500 staffs
- Processing allowance and deductions payments
- Interpreting Payroll legislation and understand Industry Awards
- Responding to payroll queries with a high level of customer service and in a timely fashion
- Processing termination payments
- Working with the HR team to process any workers compensation paperwork to insurer
- Generating payroll reports
- Assist in month end & year end tasks
- Calculating annual leave, sick leave and other payments
- Liaising with superannuation funds and tax office
As the successful Payroll Officer you have previous experience in payroll from start to finish, including end of month reconciliations to the general ledger. Experience with ADP payroll system and Etivity or similar processing system. You have excellent communication and customer service skill and ideally from a hospitality background.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyses and solve problems to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes.
- Proven payroll experience.
- Ability to work effectively and autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated capacity to maintain and ensure accuracy and attention to detail.
- Discretion to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Sydney, Australia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible