Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
With creativity, personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences in the Restaurant through consistent application of Shangri-La’s core practices in all F&B outlets; maximizing Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, ensure that guests experience the highest quality 5 diamond/5 star culinary standards.
- Demonstrate creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious
- As a true Service Associate, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to
attention, detail and efficiency.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect,
sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- As part of the Food & Beverage team, ensures quality service to guests with emphasis on cleanliness, efficiency,
accuracy, professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines, have full knowledge of beverage lists and
promotions, have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Monitor and ensure smooth operations of appointed section, check for quality and cleanliness to designated F&B standards for all items.
- Participate on opening/closings, setups and breakdowns and ensure overall room ambiance, cleanliness,
appropriate setting and presentation.
- Apply the necessary precautions with regards to food safety and hygiene standards, and follow all liquor laws
including practicing responsible alcohol service
- Maintain very good knowledge of wines and other beverages and up-to-date knowledge of food trends and
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Leads by positive example to strive for service excellence.
- Organized – High attention to detail with strong administrative skills.
- Operational expertise – Demonstrates strong knowledge of Shangri-La service deliverables and Shangri-La
Experience, SLTO service procedures, programs and policies.
- Communication – 100% English language (verbal and written) proficiency.
- Decision making and problem solving – Responds promptly, exercising sound and reasonable judgment,
ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution.
- Emotional maturity – Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible