Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
With exceptional, personalized assistance, facilitate arrangements on behalf of the guest, maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- Provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests, through Shangri-La hospitality from caring people.
- Maintains expertise on and contacts with local venues, attractions, restaurants, tourism events and local counterparts.
- Interacts with guests to provide information, assists with personal events, arrangements, bookings, tickets and reservations.
- As a true Service Associate, meets service expectations proactively, promptly, graciously and professionally, with genuine care and attention to detail.
- Actively demonstrates teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Night shifts may periodically be required.
- When required, perform Service Associate- Bellperson duties and shifts.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Detail oriented – Care and attention to details in a multi-tasking environment.
- Functional Knowledge – Familiarity with 5 star expectations for Front Desk, Reservations and Service Center procedures, systems and protocol.
- Operational Competence – Familiarity with/ability to learn and follow Shangri-La deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Communication – 100% English language proficiency, other languages useful.
- Decision making – Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions.
- Problem solving – Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department, including Windows based programs and PDA technology.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity in an international world-class hotel.
- Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience useful.
- Required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be in possession of valid Canadian work permit to be eligible to be considered.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible