Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
With personal commitment and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences throughout all aspects of their stay by assisting the Engineering Service Leader and ensuring the highest level maintenance and working order of guestrooms, equipment, public and heart of house areas, maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, ensures a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests and Shangri-La hospitality from caring people.
- Provide technical expertise and competence in areas of hotel engineering/facility/building maintenance.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships and communicate with internal colleagues to advise of guest service needs, items which require maintenance and issues of concern in a prompt, proactive manner as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Assist in energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
- Prioritize and respond to all guest and internal maintenance requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Assist Engineers and Colleagues in other departments, as requested and undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
- Respect environmental guidelines.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Highly Organized – Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Operational Expertise – Demonstrates strong knowledge of Shangri-La service deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Communication – 100% English language (verbal and written) proficiency.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Able to prioritize, multi-task, help others; calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional Maturity – Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Ethical and Professional Conduct – Fulfill responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology Proficiency–Fully competent in all systems & tools used within hotel.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005,
and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity within an international world-class hotel brand.
- Engineering academic attainment – Building Operator Certificate, proficiency in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing practices and pool maintenance.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts and required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be in possession of valid Canadian work permit to be eligible to be considered.
- Job type
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration