Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
With creativity, personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences in Banquets through consistent application of Shangri-La’s core practices; maximizing Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
· Demonstrate creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality.
· As a true Service Associate, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention, detail and efficiency.
· Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
· Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
· As part of the Food & Beverage team, ensures quality service to guests with emphasis on cleanliness, efficiency, accuracy, professionalism and courtesy at all times.
· Monitor and ensure smooth operations of appointed section, check for quality and presentation to designated F&B standards for all items prior to serving.
· Greet guests, attend to food, beverage and other service needs as appropriate and ensure accurate reporting of charges to guest folios.
· Remove soiled dishes, linen, silverware and restore/replenish settings.
· Participate on opening/closings, setups and breakdowns and ensure overall room ambiance, cleanliness, appropriate setting and presentation.
· Resolve food quality and service complaints at earliest and first point of customer contact, ultimately providing outstanding customer service.
· Apply the necessary precautions with regards to food safety and hygiene standards.
· Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
· Functional knowledge – Passion for food and strives to exceed expectations for service excellence with demonstrated understanding of international fine dining, wine, beverage and service standards commensurate of the leading hotels of the world.
· Customer Service Excellence – Exceptional service style, genuinely warm presence friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
· Internal Service – appreciation that ‘internal customers’ (i.e., Cooks, Stewards, etc.) are considered strategic partners.
· Communication – Excellent communication and social skills, 100% fluency in English with impeccable standards of hygiene and grooming.
· Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices and looks for ways to minimize workplace injuries.
· Decision making – Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions.
· Problem solving – Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems as required.
· Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
· Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
· Technology proficient – Operates and maintains all departmental equipment, fully competent with POS.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act,
2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Job type
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible