Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Maintain health, safety and hygiene in all culinary areas and provide overall assistance to the culinary team; maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, ensure that guests experience the highest quality 5 diamond/5 star culinary standards.
- Interact with colleagues as internal customers, strategic partners in delivering Shangri-La hospitality from caring people according to brand service deliverables.
- Gather all dirty dishes, rinse and stack in dish racks, clearing dishes of leftovers and trash in order to prepare for automated washing.
- Operate dishwashing machine, loading dishwashing solutions into automatic dispensers and regulate water temperature, output of detergents and chemicals.
- Inspect dishes for cleanliness and place clean dishes carefully in assigned storage location, scrubbing pots, pans and other kitchen equipment that cannot be washed automatically.
- Polish all silver, stainless steel and related tableware used in food service.
- Clean designated equipment, dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly, empty and clean trash cans, transport garbage containers to dump sites and adhere to recycling regulations.
- Clean kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill, clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency and safety.
- Assist with general kitchen prep duties, banquet or other setups.
- As a true service Ambassador, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention and detail.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships, professional, friendly attitude towards guests and colleagues.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Delight our guests at every interaction, with a genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, being internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Internal Service – appreciation that ‘internal customers’ (i.e. Servers) are considered strategic partners.
- Detail oriented – Great care and attention to detail in fast paced environment.
- Cleanliness Orientation – Demonstrated need for exceptional order and cleanliness, passion for cleaning, is well-groomed with good personal hygiene.
- Functional Competence – Safely work with cleaning chemicals, lift up to 50 lbs, stand, reach, grip and exert steady-paced mobility, constant lifting, pushing and pulling as well as excessive walking, standing, stooping, reaching and bending regularly throughout 8 hour shift.
- Operational Knowledge –Learn and follow Shangri-La deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto culinary service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Self motivation – Able to follow through on direction, with minimal supervision.
- Communication – Basic math skills, plus able to comprehend, read, write and speak English including workplace policies, job instruction, departmental and safety information.
- Problem solving –Able to prioritize, multi-task, help others; calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices.
- Technology proficiency– Safely operates all departmental equipment.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Demonstrated understanding for luxury hotel standards of service.
- Previous luxury hotel or restaurant experience useful.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts and required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Job type
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible