Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Through consistent application of Shangri-La’s Core Practices and effective hands-on management, leadership and direction, ensure the highest quality standards of the Banquet operations; maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction. With high integrity, ensures a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests and leads Colleagues in providing Shangri-La hospitality from caring people.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships, familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants, events, and Shangri-La hospitality standards.
- Interact with guests to review and evaluate degree of satisfaction with the Banquets and Outlets; recommend and implement new initiatives when necessary to keep up with demand and market changes; investigate and resolve beverage and food quality and service complaints, ultimately maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
- Through personal presence, style and personality, inspire a high level of warmth and professionalism amongst the Banquets’ and Outlets’ teams, modeling a genuine personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality.
- Monitor and ensure smooth operations of appointed section, check for quality and presentation to designated
F&B standards for all items prior to serving.
- Greet guests, attend to food, beverage and other service needs as appropriate and ensure accurate reporting of charges to guest folios.
- Remove soiled dishes, linen, silverware and restore/replenish settings.
- Participate in opening/closings, setups and breakdowns and ensure overall room ambiance, cleanliness, appropriate setting and presentation.
- Resolve food quality and service complaints at earliest and first point of customer contact, ultimately providing outstanding customer service.
- Maintain current knowledge of wines, other beverages, local restaurants, food trends and industry practices.
- Evaluate standards of cleanliness, maintenance and presentation plus safety of the Banquets and Outlets operations through inspections and ensure areas of deficiency are resolved to achieve service expectations.
- Direct communication efforts within the department, ensuring effective communication amongst Colleagues, suppliers, attendance at meetings and ensures that reports are completed accurately, on-time.
- In the absence of the Banquets/Outlets Manager, lead the team through service.
- Be the point of contact between the front of house and Culinary.
- As situations arise, liaise with event organizers to address any issues or changes to event orders.
- Attend BEO meetings and ensure team is in full understanding of content discussed.
- Lead pre-shift meetings with service teams.
- Attend to event planning, billing and post-mortem meetings.
- Apply the necessary precautions with regards to food safety and hygiene standards.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Drives results – Passion for food and strives to exceed expectations for service excellence with demonstrated understanding of international fine dining, wine and service standards commensurate to high profile leading hotels.
- Customer Service Excellence – People focused and entirely guest focused.
- Detail oriented – Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize workload, multi-task in a calm manner, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Communication – Excellent communication skills, 100% fluency in English with added ability to be an effective role model in standards of conduct and grooming.
- Innovation, creativity, decision making and problem solving – Proven innovator, responds promptly and reasonably when making decisions, ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution.
- Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices and looks for ways to minimize workplace injuries.
- Exceptional leadership – Inspires employee commitment, loyalty and motivation through progressive workplace practices that foster teamwork, open communication, safety, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Coaches and mentors – Fosters a climate of continuous learning, growth and improvement, with a strong commitment to the career development of others.
- Emotional maturity – Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble with demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure under pressure.
- Ethical conduct and responsibility – Sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Technology proficiency – Operates and maintains all departmental equipment, fully competent with POS, current Windows based programs (Word, Excel, MS Outlook).
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Previous fine dining or luxury level service knowledge and training.
- Degree/diploma in Food and Beverage/Hospitality Management is an asset
- Minimum 2 year previous work experience in a similar capacity.
- Required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Current Smart Serve certification.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible