Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Working with the Finance Manager, participate in the development, implementation and administration of all Financing functions.
- With a high level of integrity, creativity and personal commitment to service excellence, inspire an emotional sense of gracious hospitality through personal professionalism, exemplifying what it means to provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience.
- Provide administrative support within the Finance department.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies and actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Staff and promotion checks are isolated from revenue daily and sent to the Accounting Office the processing. The hotel’s policy on Mason Checks control is being observed.
- Voided and “Skipper” guest checks indicate evidence of outlet manager approval. Corporate Policy CF 54 is adhered to Post invoices/credit notes into WinAC (financial system).
- Function orders are being checked daily to ensure that all banquet revenues have been billed.
- All paid-outs, rebates and allowances are being properly approved in accordance with the hotel’s Delegation of Authority.
- The housekeeping variance report is checked daily to ensure variance is researched and resolved.
- The control procedures regarding the sales and usage of F&B Loyalty Cards, if any, are checked and in order.
- The Room Rate Variance Report is reviewed daily and reasons for discrepancies obtained.
- The daily room revenue report has been compared with PMS and MICROS/INFRASYS journal totals within the last thirty days.
Finalization of the Daily DRR, and correction made from the night audit team
General Cashier Functions:
- Audit daily cash receipts to F&B & Front Desk employee activity.
- Prepare shortage notices when/if required.
- Record daily cash transactions into monthly cash journal (into excel).
- Prepare deposits to the bank.
- Distribute petty cash payments & petty cash cheque requests.
- Surprise float counts on individuals that hold a company issued float.
- Under take adhoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Drives results – Strives for excellence in the Finance department of the hotel.
- Analytical skills – Must have strong analytical, organizational, multitasking skills and be able to manage multiple projects successfully.
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication with 100% fluency in English, ability to write policies and technical correspondence related to the position and able to clearly communicate complex financial data amongst the management team in the hotel.
- Mathematical skills – Perform a multitude of highly complex calculations.
- Approachability – Through personal presence, be highly approachable to Associates, Managers, Executives and other Shangri-La colleagues.
- Decision making and problem solving – Responds promptly, accurately and reasonably when making decisions, ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution.
- Exceptional leadership – Inspire employee commitment, loyalty and motivation through progressive workplace practices that foster teamwork, open communication, high morale, safety, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Coaches and mentors – Fosters a climate of continuous learning, growth and improvement, with a strong commitment to the career development of others.
- Ethical conduct and responsibility – Sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Technology proficiency – Fully competent with current Windows based accounting programs and online commercial banking.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hotel accounting plus related programs and systems.
- Considerable competency in accounting related computer technology and hotel applications generally with knowledge of Opera Property Management Systems and Micros.
- Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience preferable.
- <span lang="EN-US" style="mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">Must hold a valid Canadian work permit to be eligible.
- Job type
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration