Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Assist the Rooms Division Manager in the daily shift operations of the Housekeeping department, ensuring outstanding cleanliness, detail, care and maintenance of guestrooms, public and heart of house areas through supervisory direction of Colleagues, maximizing Colleagues’, Guests’ and Owners’ satisfaction.
- With high integrity, ensure a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests and lead Colleagues in providing Shangri-La hospitality from a caring family.
- Inspire a high level of creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality.
- Supervise Room Attendants, House Persons and Uniform/Valet Attendants and effectively coach, motivate, communicate, recognize, provide performance feedback and conduct performance correction if required.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and procedures; diligently manage cost controls and safety & security programs.
- Maintain accurate records for payroll administration and ensure timely submission on behalf of the department.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining inventory of departmental supplies.
- Conduct quality inspections of housekeeping and laundry services.
- Initiate and maintain effective communication between the housekeeping department and all other departments.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Lead by positive example to strive for service excellence.
- Organized – High attention to detail with strong administrative skills.
- Operational expertise – Demonstrate strong knowledge of Shangri-La service deliverables and Shangri-La Experience, SLTO service procedures, programs and policies.
- Communication – 100% English language (verbal and written) proficiency.
- Decision-making and problem solving – Respond promptly, exercising sound and reasonable judgment, ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution.
- Strong leadership – Inspire associate commitment, loyalty and motivation though progressive supervisory practices that foster teamwork, safety, open communication, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Emotional maturity – Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Coach and mentor – Foster a climate of continuous learning, growth and improvement, with a strong commitment to the career development of others.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfill responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department, including Windows based programs, reservations system and PDA technology.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005,
and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity within an international world-class hotel brand.
- Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience or comparable with a key competitor, preferred.
- Degree or diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Job type
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible