Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
In charge of receiving all food, beverage, and goods for the hotel. Monitors safety & cleanliness on loading dock. Oversees CheckSCM, the hotel procurement system, and trains new colleagues in procedures as required.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Strives to provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to internal customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, personal commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial sense of responsibility in all interactions.
- Ordering and sourcing the best price for best goods and supplies
- Conduct month end inventory counts for food and beverage
- Conducts and maintains quarterly operating supply counts and par levels
- Conduct the month end closing in CheckSCM
- Providing monthly closing inventory counts to Finance for posting
- Maintains accurate files/records.
- Monitors quality of products to ensure they meet the hotel and brand standards.
- Maintains positive communication with all departments in the hotel, interacting with colleagues as internal customers and stays well informed of hotel VIP’s activities, promotions and events.
- Undertakes other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Results driven – Self motivated, high initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Technical Competence – Demonstrates strong mathematical skills and sound understanding of inventory monitoring and cost control.
- Safety monitoring – Ensures the loading dock and immediate-surrounding areas constitute a safe, clean and secure working environment.
- Relationship Management - Outstanding abilities to build and maintain positive internal relationships and professional external relationships with drivers, vendors, and residents.
- Detail oriented – Care and attention to fine details in a multi-tasking environment.
- Quality assurance – Matches invoices to incoming goods and ensures items are held to the Shangri-La standards of excellence before accepting deliveries.
- Responsibility – Maintains accurate record of all incoming guest/resident packages in a timely manner and ensures packages are securely stored at all times, and issued correctly.
- Accuracy – Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness, and advises relevant parties of adjustments/corrections as required.
- Organizational skills – Able to manage multiple needs/tasks in an organized, efficient manner, demonstrating superior administrative and time management skills.
- Decision making and problem solving – Responds promptly and reasonably when making decisions, ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution.
- Internal customer service excellence – Strives for service excellence in all relationships with demonstrated ability to deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Emotional maturity – Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble, a genuine ability to demonstrate Shangri-La core values of respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication with 100% fluency in English.
- Ethical conduct and responsibility – Fair and consistent vendor management and fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Technology proficiency – Fully competent with current Windows based programs, knowledge of Check EAM, Word and Excel.
- Flexibility – Undertakes other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 year previous work experience in a similar capacity mandatory.
- Previous international, luxury hotel experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of customs requirements for importing of goods into Canada.
- Demonstrated knowledge of vendors, suppliers and equipment most commonly used in international, world-class hotels.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada in order to be considered.
- Job type
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration