Thank you for your interest in Market by Jean-Georges and the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only three Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating. Market By Jean-Georges competes with the city’s best, having been honoured with 4 Diamonds from AAA.
Our success depends 100% on the quality of our people. That''s why we are so demanding when we look for new employees, and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding.
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La - Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for a Culinary superstar to join our team. Our ideal candidate would have an eye for detail, a passion for creativity and flair, and the ability to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. In short, their food creations extend well beyond the fourth diamond. The ideal candidate may bring previous experience in the industry from another world class Hotel or resort or high-calibre restaurant. They’d be a consummate hospitality professional who creates captivating moments for our guests and warmly and genuinely engages our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you ready to be part of the best in the city? Are you Shangri-La?
- Drive and passion – Passion for food, takes personal pride in culinary profession and strives to exceed expectations for culinary excellence
- Technical competency - Demonstrated culinary competence, professional knowledge of cooking techniques, ingredients, procedures and presentation, use of kitchen tools and understanding of international fine dining, wine and service standards
- Customer service – People oriented with ability to put guest needs first and ‘internal customers’ (i.e. Servers) are considered strategic partners
- Communication –100% fluency in verbal and written English
- Decision making- Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices
- Ethical conduct and responsibility – Fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics and professionalism
- Physical Requirements – Constant lifting, pushing and pulling as well as excessive walking, standing, reaching and bending
- Technology proficiency– Operates all departmental equipment
- Minimum 2 years culinary experience in world-class hotel
- Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience useful, or comparable experience with key competitor
- College level accreditation, Red Seal and Food Safe certification
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts and required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible