Thank you for your interest in Market by Jean-Georges and the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only five Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating. Market By Jean-Georges competes with the city’s best, having been honoured with 4 Diamonds from AAA.
Our success depends 100% on the quality of our people. That''s why we are so demanding when we look for new employees, and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding.
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La - Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for a Culinary superstar to join our team. Our ideal candidate would have an eye for detail, a passion for creativity and flair, and the ability to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. In short, their food creations extend well beyond the fourth diamond. The ideal candidate may bring previous experience in the industry from another world class Hotel or resort or high-calibre restaurant. They’d be a consummate hospitality professional who creates captivating moments for our guests and warmly and genuinely engages our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you ready to be part of the best in the city? Are you Shangri-La?
- Prepare culinary items to the highest standards of food production, quality, taste, presentation and hygiene within the hotel; maximizing Associate, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, ensure that guests experience the highest quality 5 diamond/5 star culinary standards.
- Interact with colleagues as internal customers, strategic partners in delivering Shangri-La hospitality from caring people according to brand service deliverables.
- Demonstrate creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality.
- Ensures that food quality and standards are maintained at all times when preparing for restaurant and banquet functions.
- As a true service Ambassador, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention and detail.
- Consistently prepare culinary items according to established recipes and demonstrate thorough knowledge of food preparation, presentation and service techniques.
- Maintain cleanliness of all kitchen and prep areas, strict adherence to Food Safe, HACCP programs and professional grooming/personal hygiene standards.
- Practice economy where food, paper supplies, electricity and water are concerned and maintain strict control on food portioning and wastage.
- Participate in departmental training initiatives and stay current on international food trends and industry practices.
- Ensures compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- Maintains positive internal and external relationships, professional, friendly attitude towards guests and colleagues.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible