Thank you for your interest in the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of five Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating.
Our success depends 100% on the quality of our people. That''s why we are demanding when we look for new employees. And why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding. It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La: Someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for an Executive Housekeeper to join our leadership team:
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for both the strategic direction and the daily operations of the Housekeeping Division, including guest rooms, public areas, heart of house areas, uniform & laundry, ensuring outstanding cleanliness, attention to detail, adherence to policy and procedure maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
· With high integrity, ensures a luxury experience to guests and leads Colleagues in providing hospitality from caring people
· Inspires a high level of creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and a true sense of hospitality
· Initiate and maintain effective communication between housekeeping and all other hotel departments
· Hands-on and strategic management of Housekeeping Supervisors, Room Attendants, Housepersons, Uniform Attendant & Laundry/Valet.
· Effectively recruit, coach, train, onboard motivate, communicate, recognize, schedule, provide performance feedback and conduct performance correction if required
· Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and procedures, diligently manage inventory controls, departmental budgets, efficient operation of the department, in total compliance to all safety programs
· Analyzes hotel occupancy/arrival/departure to maximize labour and productivity standards
· Implements and manages preventative maintenance/deep cleaning schedules for hotel – liaise in
· Maintain accurate records for payroll administration and ensure timely submission on behalf of the department
· Ensures departmental planning is in place regarding recruitment and staffing needs, training and onboarding of new Colleagues and leaders.
· Analyses monthly reports and reviews opportunities for savings, improvements and efficiencies
· Responsible for compiling monthly/bi-yearly/yearly reports for Corporate office
· Administration of the Performance Monitor and Defect Tracking system
· Conduct quality inspections of housekeeping and laundry services as well as our service providers/vendors through regular personal Inspection of guest rooms and hotel public areas – reporting deficiencies and managing adherence to luxury hotel standards including AAA, Forbes and LQA.
· Ensures commitment and participation in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. Leads initiatives in department.
· Responsible for training department on luxury hotel standards of cleaning, service, presentation and safety standards
· Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required
The following are mandatory competencies for this position:
· Service Excellence – Leads by positive example to strive for service excellence
· Working Environment – Creates a positive and highly motivated working environment that promotes and develops strong teamwork
· Strong leadership – Inspires commitment, loyalty and motivation though progressive supervisory practices that foster teamwork, safety, open communication, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
· Coaches and mentors – Fosters a climate of continuous learning, growth and improvement, with a strong commitment to the career development of others
· Training & Development – Identifies career goals and guides employees in their career growth and development
· Organized –High attention to detail with strong administrative skills
· Operational Expertise –Complete proficiency of Quality Standards and Guest Programs. Knowledgeable of AAA, Forbes and LQA standards
· Ensures that guest preferences are collected and action upon in order to delight our guests
· Communication – 100% English language (verbal and written) proficiency
· Decision making and problem solving – Responds promptly, exercising sound and reasonable judgment, ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution
· Emotional maturity - Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble
· Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department, including Windows based programs
· Education in Hotel or Hospitality Management is an asset
· Previous experience in a similar capacity within a luxury hotel brand is required
· Previous experience with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is an asset
· Motivational management style with a genuine interest in service excellence is required
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver will only consider those candidates who currently possess the legal right to work in Canada. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or be in active possession of an Open Work Permit. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is not able to sponsor international applicants.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver invites you to view our property promotional video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1egGt63vMCg
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract