Thank you for your interest in the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver''s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA''s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only five Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating.
Our success depends 100% on the quality of our people. That''s why we are demanding when we look for new employees and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding. It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La - Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for a superstar Server Assistant to join our team in Market by Jean-Georges. Our ideal candidate will have a genuinely warm presence, friendly & sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, and outwardly gracious & humble. They quickly think on their feet to deliver only the finest of service, creating magical moments for our guests. They would be a consummate hospitality professional who creates memorable moments for our guests and warmly and genuinely engages our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you ready to be part of the best in the city? Are you Shangri-La?
- With creativity, personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences in the Restaurant and Lobby Lounge through consistent application of Shangri-La’s core practices in all F&B outlets; maximizing Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, ensure that guests experience the highest quality 5 diamond/5 star culinary standards
- Interact with colleagues as internal customers, strategic partners in delivering Shangri-La hospitality from caring people according to brand service deliverables
- Demonstrate creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality
- As a true service Ambassador, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention, detail and efficiency
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices
- As part of the Food & Beverage team, ensures quality service to guests with emphasis on cleanliness, efficiency, accuracy, professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Remove soiled dishes, linen, silverware and restore/replenish settings
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships, familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants, events, and Shangri-La hospitality standards
- Monitor and ensure smooth operations of appointed section, check for quality and cleanliness to designated F&B standards for all items
- Participate on opening/closings, setups and breakdowns and ensure overall room ambiance, cleanliness, appropriate setting and presentation
- Apply the necessary precautions with regards to food safety and hygiene standards
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Functional knowledge – Passion for food and strives to exceed expectations for service excellence with demonstrated understanding of international fine dining, wine, beverage and service standards commensurate of the leading hotels in the world
- Customer Service Excellence – Exceptional service style, genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble
- Internal Service – appreciation that ‘internal customers’ (i.e. Cooks) are considered strategic partners
- Communication – Excellent communication and social skills, 100% fluency in English with impeccable standards of hygiene and grooming
- Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices and looks for ways to minimize workplace injuries
- Decision making- Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity
- Technology proficiency– Operates and maintains all departmental equipment, fully competent with POS
- Job type
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible