Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
Provide on-site quantity surveying services, contract administration, cost control and professional advice, including overall supervision of site QS team in Shangri-La Hotel, Zhoushan.
Project Establishment, Budget Development, Procurement of QS Consultant / Contractors / Suppliers
- Effectively support the Head Office QS team during the phases of project establishment, budget development and the selection of Consultant / Contractors / Suppliers
- Effectively support Head Office QS team for budget preparation
- Liaise with QS consultants on pre-qualification of tendering
- Advise on procurement strategy, tendering processes and contractual arrangements based on market environments, time frame, and other considerations
- Co-ordinate with consultants for tender invitations, participate in tender evaluation and assist in negotiations
Project Implementation and Cost Control
- Monitor the performance of QS consultants in accordance with the agreed timeline and budget
- Implement cost control measures across all construction stages
- Manage and administer payment process, evaluation of variations, claims and final accounts
- Submit regular cost update reports to management which include all variations to date to reflect the anticipated final cost for budget control and monitor
- Prepare cash flow forecast, and liaise with Finance to ensure authorised payments are made to contractors and suppliers in accordance with the agreed contract terms
- Liaise with departments and auditors on audit, compliance and financial matters
- Support Site Project Manager for liaising with relevant authorities on tendering requirements
- Actively participate in the selection and on-boarding of Site Office QS team members
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports
- Provide training and coaching, mentoring of team members
- Support the Project Manager with handover procedures, settlement of final accounts, and the deployment plan for QS team members
EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline and with relevant professional qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant hands-on experience in handling luxury hotel projects or large-scale mixed-use developments on site
- Solid experience in leading a team of quantity surveyors
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills
- Strong contractual knowledge
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Possess high professional integrity, uncompromised ethics and business conduct
- Well-organized and attention to detail
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Deputy Quantity Surveying Manager.
Please click the "Apply Now" button to create your candidate profile in our career page www.areyoushangri-la.com, enclosing your CV. Please indicate your notice period as well as your current and expected salary.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified in three weeks'' time upon application.
Personal data collected will be treated in confidence and used for recruitment purposes only.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Lake Hills, Bellevue, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible