Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is a global leader in luxury hospitality with unique Asian heritage.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have over 100 hotels and resorts under four brands nested in key cities and beautiful beachfront locations globally. We are expanding rapidly with a strong development pipeline throughout Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Africa.
Regarded as one of the world’s finest hotel ownership and management companies, Shangri-La is dedicated to delight guests around the world with legendary service, finely tuned from over 45 years of hospitality from the heart. We have an affinity with Asian travelers and we offer them a gateway to the rest of the world, positioning us a leading brand in luxury hospitality.
As an enviable employer with industry leading levels of colleague engagement, our people are our priority. Our success is only made possible through the efforts and abilities of over 42,000 colleagues worldwide. In accordance with this belief, the focused investment we make in the learning and development of our colleagues is unparalleled in the global hospitality industry. From welcoming new colleagues, to best in class leadership development, you can be sure that potential is identified and nurtured throughout your career.
Analyst Program - Investment Management and Business Development
The Investment Management and Business Development (IMBD) department was formed in early 2017 to review and formulate strategies to enhance our hotels’ performance and to also help identify new business opportunities.
Its main scope revolves around Investment Management, Asset Enhancement, Business Development and group wide Strategic Initiatives in hotels, commercial and retail components.
This program covers feasibility studies, strategic development, asset plan development, data analytics, financial modelling, project and analytical management skills, multi projects exposure in real estate, hospitality, retail and food & beverage.
Throughout your journey in this 18 months program, you will be working closely with C-suite and other Senior Managers on group wide initiatives related to customer experience and technology which will strengthen the organization’s positioning as a leader. You will also be part of the asset enhancement project of an iconic property. You will be in a position to constantly solve problems pertaining to the organization’s future success. You will be connecting with various colleagues to solve problems. We are looking for people who are flexible, adaptable with hunger and desire to acquire learning
What we will be offering
- Exposure to financial modeling, investment management, asset management & enhancement and business development strategies across various asset classes to optimize profitability.
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate through feasibility studies, market research, project work and other real scenario activities.
- You will participate in management meetings that will enable you to establish a global network across the company.
- “On-the-job” responsibilities that will empower you to build strong technical competencies that will enhance your business acumen
- The direct relationship with senior managers and executives who will provide guidance, coaching and mentorship
- The opportunity to grow as an individual, to build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life.
What you will need to be considered
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La. Someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. We are expanding globally, that means there are plenty of opportunities for people with a passion to delight.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in, Management, Real Estate, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Management System and related subject.
- Quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Team orientated
- Commercial acumen
- Enthusiasm and dedication
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (both written and spoken)
- Job type
- Hong Kong
- Starting in
- As soon as possible