Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
Purpose of the role:
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Vice-President of Sales, based in Hong Kong, to assist properties in South East China to exceed budgeted GOR. This role is also responsible for implementing Shangri-La Corporate Distribution and Channel Profitability strategy in South East China; assume the role of “Champion” in the Sales function for property and cluster sales teams; assist in the development of a sales talent pipeline; align property and RSO sales activities, initiatives, entertainment and partnerships to collectively leverage all Shangri-La Corporate resources.
Key Responsibilities will cover:
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the group’s Sales and Distribution Strategies Support channel shift and replacement strategies by property to growth direct channels.
- Align budget expectations to channel profitability targets
- Develop strategic relationships with executives of top accounts of assigned Hotels.
- Assist hotels to develop strategic account plans for key accounts.
- Participate in assigned trade shows and sales missions to develop new opportunities to enhance brand presence and maximize hotels revenues.
- With the joint effort of DOSM and GM, assist in conducting market survey and participate in Hotel Positioning exercise.
- Approve room categorization, pricing philosophy, channel and segment mix, staffing guide, website content, pre-opening sales budget and support PR & marketing plan.
- Participate in the education and engagement of Shangri-La Sales Teams in key source markets and conduct Sales and Distribution orientation for GM and DOSM.
Strategy / Directions / Sales Related
- Provide strategic direction on pricing, channel profitability and approve hotels’ Sales Plan.
- Approve attendance in sales missions / trade shows, sales trips and sales incentive plan for all assigned hotels.
- Assist to develop and approve cluster joint promotions & joint initiatives for all hotels.
- Approve any changes to hotels’ sales organization structure.
- Conduct account and channel profitability audit for assigned hotels.
- Assist Area DOSM/DOSM in identifying and capitalizing on new business opportunities with the objective to maximize revenues.
- Ensure all offers support channel profitability and are consistently implemented across all disciplines.
Loyalty and Partnership Marketing
- Support RVPM with local loyalty and partnership marketing activities for all assigned hotels.
- With the assistance of Regional Dir of Revenue Management, approve pricing structure of assigned hotels.
- Approve promotions and packages of assigned hotels with RO.
We are looking for an individual that understands what it takes to be the best and preferably with proven success in a similar environment.
- Key contacts /relationships in place.
- Heightened leadership capabilities including experience in managing remote sellers.
- Exceptional negotiation and sales skills.
- Sound understanding of revenue management in a changing environment.
- Makes customer-focused decisions based on analysis of appropriate data considering both short and long-term impact on company/brand goals.
- Passionately driven towards goals and exceeding these.
- Team player.
- Excellent standards of personal presentation. Networker, relationship builder.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, creativity, understanding & manages relationships with all stakeholders.
- Understands, communicates and supports corporate policies and guidelines.
- Job type
- Hong Kong
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible