Are you Shangri-La?
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La.
Someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform.
Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Under the direct supervision of the Service Leader – Income Audit, the Service Associate – Income Audit is responsible auditing Food & Beverage guest checks, Front Office (that is, city ledger and credit card transactions) and Minor Operating Departments (including concessionaires).
- Accurately record and monitor the revenue of the hotel and ensure a proper OPERA front office data recording and finalizing totals for sun general ledger system interface.
- Audit all entries made by night auditor on a daily basis and check that the gross revenue report is accurate and is distributed on time.
- Complete all OPERA systems work sheets including general cashier summary, deposit verifications, over and short report, routing of rebates and miscellaneous vouchers and petty cash recording.
- Ensure that all other charges are posted properly.
- Audit the coding and account numbers of all prior day rebates, miscellaneous charges and paid outs.
- Check that the guest ledger and city ledger totals in OPERA balance with OPERA final report and the general ledger balance. Verify city ledger totals with the receivable clerk.
- At each month end back up all journals for the previous months, close the month and produce the general ledger interface file
- Reconcile the unearned income, Villa membership and balance the cash with the general cashier and accounts payable.
- Follow up on the night audit GIG sheet and report findings to the accounting manager.
- Maintain a logbook with night audit for effective communication.
- Advise the department heads on their revenue status and their rebates especially when they are exceeding above norms. Ensure that the rebates and miscellaneous charges have proper back ups and authorizations.
- Perform other duties as directed by DOF and/or accounting manager.
- Cover the night audit duty if needed during their absence.
Excellent at Oral and Written English
B.Sc / BCOM, Accounting Graduate
Audit experience in an international hotel / some experience in Accounting or Audit in big companies
Hard worker. Willing to do shift duties. Strong personality. Not afraid of criticism or adverse opinion from colleagues.
No physical disability
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Nestled in between the dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains and the pristine waters of the Sea of Oman, Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa is set on 124 acres of stunning scenery and home to three spectacular hotels: the family orientated Al Waha comprises 262 rooms, the diverse Al Bandar comprises 198 deluxe rooms and the luxurious and most exclusive Al Husn has 180 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. The resort also features 22 Food and Beverage outlets, 1,056 sqm ballroom with 8 breakout rooms, wide variety of recreational facilities, and a spa with 12 treatment villas.
The resort is only 15 minutes to Muttrah Souk, the old city of Muscat, the Ruwi business district, and within easy access to many local shopping and cultural attractions. Muscat International Airport is just 45 minutes away.
- Job type
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract