Are you Shangri-La?
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La.
Someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform.
Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Shangri-La’s corporate strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
To manage the assigned kitchen as an independent profit center, in line with the outlet''s operating concept and Shangri-La standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction while operating within budget, helping to ensure the financial success of the outlet.
- Chef De Cuisine in a hotel or restaurant of good standards
- Prepares rosters for Capri Court Kitchen employees for the approval of the Executive Sous Chef/Executive Chef
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a 5* international hotel
- Strong leadership skills; can motivate and train colleagues
- Guest and colleague-oriented
- Displays initiative and high creativity
- Has the passion and attitude to do the job and manage a team
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Nestled in between the dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains and the pristine waters of the Sea of Oman, Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa is set on 124 acres of stunning scenery and home to three spectacular hotels: the family orientated Al Waha comprises 262 rooms, the diverse Al Bandar comprises 198 deluxe rooms and the luxurious and most exclusive Al Husn has 180 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. The resort also features 22 Food and Beverage outlets, 1,056 sqm ballroom with 8 breakout rooms, wide variety of recreational facilities, and a spa with 12 treatment villas.
The resort is only 15 minutes to Muttrah Souk, the old city of Muscat, the Ruwi business district, and within easy access to many local shopping and cultural attractions. Muscat International Airport is just 45 minutes away.
- Job type
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible