Are you Shangri-La?
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La.
Someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform.
Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Very exciting opportunity for a Spanish Sous Chef to take on this Sous Chef role at Tapas restaurant.
For this Sous Chef role, we are looking for a Spanish National who is currently holding a similar job title and working in a good Spanish Restaurant or 5* luxury hotel property. As Spanish Chef, you will maintain exceptional standards of food quality and also be able to manage a profitable kitchen, controlling costs and training & mentoring your team!
- To maintain a high standard of all food preparation, service and hygiene in his respective Kitchens, according to the standards required by the management.
- Assists the Chef De Cuisine/Executive Sous Chef in planning, directing, controlling, co-ordination and participating in the activities of personnel engaged in the preparation of pastries, desserts, confectionery and all types of bread and dough
- Responsible for the profitable operation of kitchen production in the Hotel
- Prepares rosters Tapas Kitchen employees for the approval of the Chef De Cuisine/Executive Sous Chef
• Fluent in oral and written English
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a 5* international hotel
- Strong leadership skills; can motivate and train colleagues
- Guest and colleague-oriented
- Displays initiative and high creativity
- Has the passion and attitude to do the job and manage a team
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Nestled in between the dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains and the pristine waters of the Sea of Oman, Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa is set on 124 acres of stunning scenery and home to three spectacular hotels: the family orientated Al Waha comprises 262 rooms, the diverse Al Bandar comprises 198 deluxe rooms and the luxurious and most exclusive Al Husn has 180 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. The resort also features 22 Food and Beverage outlets, 1,056 sqm ballroom with 8 breakout rooms, wide variety of recreational facilities, and a spa with 12 treatment villas.
The resort is only 15 minutes to Muttrah Souk, the old city of Muscat, the Ruwi business district, and within easy access to many local shopping and cultural attractions. Muscat International Airport is just 45 minutes away.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible