Are you Shangri-La?
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La.
Someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform.
Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Accountable for overall seamless functioning of daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest delight. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
• Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
Education and Experience
• ‘Hotel School Degree / Diploma; 5 years experience in the culinary in reputed hotels.
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Nestled in between the dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains and the pristine waters of the Sea of Oman, Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa is set on 124 acres of stunning scenery and home to three spectacular hotels: the family orientated Al Waha comprises 262 rooms, the diverse Al Bandar comprises 198 deluxe rooms and the luxurious and most exclusive Al Husn has 180 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. The resort also features 22 Food and Beverage outlets, 1,056 sqm ballroom with 8 breakout rooms, wide variety of recreational facilities, and a spa with 12 treatment villas.
The resort is only 15 minutes to Muttrah Souk, the old city of Muscat, the Ruwi business district, and within easy access to many local shopping and cultural attractions. Muscat International Airport is just 45 minutes away.
- Job type
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration