Shangri-La''s Hambantota Golf Resort & Spa
Located on the southern coast of Sri Lanka, Shangri-La''s Hambantora Resort & Spa brings unrivaled levels of quality and service to the resplendent island known as ''''The Pearl of the Indian Ocean''''. The resort is perfectly positioned for both leisure and business guests. Experiences at Shangri-La''s Hambantota Resort & Spa are entirely personal and the 300 rooms and suites in the resort are situated in beautiful landscaped tropical gardens, creating a sense of privacy. The extensive range of leisure activities can be custom designed to meet the interests of each guest.
Sports & Recreation Manager is responsible for the administration and operation of the Resort’s Recreation department.
- To make regular checks of the department throughout the day to ensure that service, safety and cleanliness standards are being maintained.
- To ensure that the daily staffing of all section are adequate and all sections are covered during its operation hours.
- To carry out regular training with the team – including refresher training. Ensure that all training is correctly logged.
- To handle any guest complaints within the department. Ensure that the Resident Manager or Duty Manager is notified of any serious complaints or issues.
- To carry out administration work for the Recreation department.
- To ensure the smooth running of the department and the adequate provision of equipment and amenities to provide optimum guest service and safety.
- Ensure that the beach and pool areas are tidy and provide a safe environment for guests at all times.
- Spot checks chemical levels in the pool areas.
- To coordinate with equipment suppliers for the servicing, maintenance and repair of the Recreation equipment.
- Arrange and supervise team building activities for in house groups, as required.
- Regularly spot check operational knowledge of Recreation team members.
- Spot checks registration records in Children''s’ Clubs ensuring that accurate records are kept at all times.
- Be environmental friendly, reduce waste, recycle when possible, and reuse whenever applicable.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an international hotel in the same capacity
- Great ability to build professional collaborative relationships
- Outgoing and people oriented
- Displays initiative and commitment to professional values
All candidates must possess excellent verbal communication skills in English whilst able to work in a busy environment with a positive attitude. You are passionate, eager and display hospitality from the heart.
- Job type
- Sri Lanka
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible