Responsible for daily casino operations. Position directs, trains and assists employees to serve guests and ensures proper standards are followed. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations, professionally and consistently. Enforces policies and procedures to monitor and evaluate performance of personnel to ensure casino operation in accordance with local gaming regulations
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in Casino Administration or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university; 1 year experience in Casino Administration or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Casino Work, Projects, and Policies
• Indirectly supervises the scheduling, opening and closing of all table games, slot area and cashier operations.
• Manages for the integrity of all gaming activity and equipment in casino.
• Coordinates with Surveillance regarding the overall security of gaming and non gaming areas.
• Enforces established credit play policy on assigned shift, to include extension of credit to qualified customers within the established guidelines.
• Liaisons with Lead Slot Technician on adjustments and repairs of games.
• Coordinates and implements casino work and projects as assigned.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Authorizes complimentary services to qualified casino customers to promote business.
Leading Casino Teams
• Manages a team of casino staff; prioritizes projects and workload of the team and its individual members, and establishes deadlines around those priorities.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Motivates and provides a work environment where employees are productive.
• Imposes deadlines and delegates tasks.
• Provides an "open door policy" and is highly visible in areas of responsibility.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee satisfaction.
• Manages all employees tactfully with an eye on fairness and maintaining high employee morale.
• Oversees rating-related duties.
• Supervises all Casino Operations personnel on shift.
• Indirectly supervises Casino Housekeeping, Slot, and Casino Beverage staff.
• Ensures all the casino operations supervisors and employees adhere to their respective departmental procedures.
Maintaining Casino Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
• Provides direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Promotes high visibility of casino in local market areas.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Promotes positive customer relations.
• Monitors and handles guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedures.
• Interacts at the executive level with gaming customers, setting an example for the staff in the areas of courtesy and service.
• Provides guidance and professionalism on all disputes that may arise in the casino.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the development, mentoring and training of employees.
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Develops succession plans
• Works with the Director of Human Resources to ensure that all programs relating to employees’ compensation, benefits, and working conditions are adequate to attract and retain a high-quality, productive workforce.
• Participates in recruiting, interviewing, and selecting/promoting key management personnel in departments.
• Manages the performance review/merit increase process as defined.
• Reports payroll hours for casino employees. Maintain attendance of casino personnel.
• Assists in other casino operations when needed.
• Participate in department wide projects and goals.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Demonstrates personal integrity.
• Uses effective listening skills.
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise well organized way.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Ensures that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated standards.
• Records all progressive readings prior to Casino opening and after closing.
- Job type
- Cairo, Egypt
- Recreation & Leisure
- Starting in
- As soon as possible