Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : www.sheratoncarlsbad.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Azul Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa & The Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa (coming soon) dual branded resort complex is seeking Security Agents for third shift. Responsible for the safeguarding of hotel property, assets, guests, visitors and employees during the overnight shift.
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Conduct investigations, gather evidence, and facilitate interviews with relevant parties
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel.
- Answer house calls, assist guests and employees with respect to safety, security and hotel operations. Initiate and follow-up all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
- Assist sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring documentation and disposition of reports.
- Respond to accidents and assist guests/employees during emergency situations
- Promote safe work practices. Ensure compliance with OSHA standards and preventative measures. Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic office duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook, and employee and guest binder interaction.
- Complete required shift reports and maintain confidentiality of all loss prevention documents
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must have strong communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of hotel policy, fire-safety procedures, and overall emergency procedures.
- Ability to operate hand held two-way radio and knowledge of ten codes.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- A history of thriving in stressful situations
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and guests
- Must be attentive to details
- Exercise good judgment and maintain a professional demeanor
Education & Experience
- High school education required.
- Minimum of one year security or related background required.
- Hotel/Resort experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits. Current CPR certification and First Aid training required.
- Current CA Guard Card required.
- Valid CDL and clean driving record required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Carlsbad, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible