Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
As a member of the kitchen team you are responsible for supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. You will be responsible for maintaining standards & full preparation & service of all mep of your own section whilst being able to offer assistance to all junior members of the culinary brigade.
- Demonstrate initiative at all times
- Lead and support junior members of the team
- Continue to improve on skills and knowledge
- Produce own work in accordance with deadlines and quality guidelines
- Seek own solutions to the minor obstacles that occur from time to time
- Project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
- Remember the guest is the reason for any request made to you.
- Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team
- Strong communication with the Chef de Partie of the section
- Has previous experience in 4 or 5 star hotel kitchen
- Has knowledge about compliance
- Aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms
- Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests;
- Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
- Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
- Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers;
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai
Standing 54 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All rooms feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed, Nespresso® machines and complimentary Wi-Fi. Our comfortable Club rooms offer a welcoming atmosphere combined with style and technology. Enjoy the upside of everything in the Sheraton Club with incredible views from the 31st floor overlooking Dubai as well as complimentary premium internet, beverages and snacks throughout the day on the house and happy hour from 6pm to 8:30pm.