About the job
To ensure the professional and effective running of the Rooms operation in accordance with all Sheraton Brand Standards and in line with Marriott International Policies and Procedures and ISRA compliances. Responsible for short and long term planning and day-to-day operations of the rooms and related areas. Oversees the Front Office operation, while making respective decision to ensure associates and guests satisfaction. Contributes to overall hotel strategy to drive the revenue performance through Front Office upselling, loyalty performance through Marriott Bonvoy enrollments and delivery of members’ benefits. Recommend budget and manage expenses/margins within approved budget constraints. Strictly follow the revenue generating/cost effective initiatives to contribute directly to the hotel profitability.
• Ensure that services provided are in harmony with our Sheraton core values
• Ensure and enforce delivering of an on brand arrival and departure experiences throughout every guest stay.
• Daily review and auditing of the operational Opera reports in compliance with ISRA.
• Participate in the Guest Voice and GXP weekly and monthly analysis to identify week points and action plan for improvement.
• Ensure the full compliance and implementation of the WELCOME upon Check in and FAREWELL upon check out.
• Ensure that the guests are recognized according to their VIP status and membership tier and provided with welcome amenity as per Guest Amenity Program.
• Ensure to implement the Guest Retention and Recognition Program.
• Ensure strict compliance with Sheraton Brand Standards in all related tasks and duties achieving 90% or above in the LRA audit.
• Live and enforce activating of Sheraton Brand Differentiators (Sheraton Fitness, Sheraton Club, Community Lobby, etc.).
• Ensure a 100% daily usage of Guest Planning Screen in GXP.
• Ensure a 100% daily usage of GXP platform and timely execution of the GXP cases.
• Handle CEC cases in GXP
• Review GXP reports daily and follow up on resolution of the cases
• Ensure that guests’ requests are fulfilled and closed in GXP within priority time.
• Ensure guest’s defects are closed in GXP within priority time and ensuring that guests are appropriately compensated and guests are satisfied.
• Use GXP to update guests profiles with requests, defects, preferences and any other comments/information acquired during stay
• Ensure a 100% usage of Mobile Services Control Panel
• Ensure achievement of departmental goals for Marriott Bonvoy enrollments, Guest Voice, Upselling, GXP and mobile guest services metrics.
• Support execution of Your Choice program
• Ensure a 100% compliance of Commitment to Clean protocols of the hotel.
• Ensure smooth and clear communication between all departments of the hotel.
• Ensure reviewing and controlling the high balance report on a daily basis.
• Ensure compliance with PCI policies.
• Ensure rooms allocation are made according to guest preferences and requests and based on the information available in the GPS in GXP and according to the Upgrade Policy of the hotel.
• Ensure GSAs acquire the proper product and service knowledge needed to perform their job properly.
• Ensure GSA job chats and LPPs are made on a timely manner.
• Meet arrival and departure and ensure satisfaction with check in and checkout processes.
• Participate as a member of the Hotels Fire and Emergency Team as required.
• Ensure with no failure that checking in and out guests are registered in the Government CID reporting system including scanning their passports.
• Ensure buckets are cleared at the end of every day from all checked our registration cards.
• Ensure desk is at all times equipped with functional equipment and stocked with enough stationary and collateral, forms and order them in a timely manner.
• Check at the end of the shift all city ledger folios to ensure that they have the right attached documentation, shift allowances and corrections prior to the GSA’s departure.
• Perform Blind Drop
• Comply with ISRA requirements.
• Continuously conduct on and off the job training to our GSAs.
• Have sufficient information about local surrounding areas to able to provide guests with choices and/or alternatives when requesting for assistance.
• Build positive, effective and on brand relationships with internal and external customers including VIPs and Marriott Bonvoy Elite members.
• Support the Community Manager with all community events
• Promote the Guest Voice and Social Media channels for guests reviews, while following the anti-cheating and non-solicitation policy of Marriott International.
• Actively participate in the hotel sustainability, community and OI activities.
• Ensure proper grooming and personal hygiene at all times as per hotel guidelines.
• Be knowledgeable about the hotel Guest Voice scores and current improvement plans set for the department.
- Department: Room Division Management
• Excellent command of English and Arabic languages
• Computer Skills
• Opera knowledge
• MARSHA knowledge
• Empower Reservations knowledge
• GXP Platform knowledge
• Mobile Guest Services Control Panel knowledge
• Excellent Communication and follow up skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Extensive experience in Front Office operations
• Excellent training skills
• Ability to take ownership and accountability
• Honest and reliable
• Ability to make adequate decisions in stressful situations
• Ability to work under pressure
- Language required: English.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel connects you to the heart of the booming business district and the main tourist attractions. It is within walking distance of the World Trade Centre and Dubai Convention Centre and just a short metro or drive away from DIFC, Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Downtown Dubai and the gold and spice souk.
Standing 54 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All rooms feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed, Nespresso® machines and complimentary Wi-Fi. Our comfortable Club rooms offer a welcoming atmosphere combined with style and technology. Enjoy the upside of everything in the Sheraton Club with incredible views from the 31st floor overlooking Dubai as well as complimentary premium internet, beverages and snacks throughout the day on the house and happy hour from 6pm to 8:30pm.
Full-time, More than 1 year
Start Date:As soon as possible