Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
As pastry team Leader and a senior member of the kitchen brigade you are responsible for supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, team planning, food budget management, menu delivery and development’s, Link Cafe patisserie shop, and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. You will enjoy working as a team and embrace operational guidelines & brand standards, be a highly effective communicator, able to inspire and motivate whilst building a culture of high performance throughout the culinary team.
· Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team to maintain department standards.
· Key relationship with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous & Chef de Cuisine.
· Key relationship with F&B Manager, Venue Managers & Banqueting Manager and all Service staff/In Room Dining.
· When appropriate represent the Kitchen at Operations meetings, Event Order Meetings etc. at all times being prepared and ensuring seamless flow of communication back to the Kitchen team on any action points.
· Key relationship with the stewarding department and the stewards.
· To act as a role model for more Junior Chefs in conduct, language and skill. To act as an ambassador for the hotel and the venues when required.
· Knowledge of Kitchen based firefighting equipment and the appropriate extinguisher for the appropriate fuel element in the event of a fire
· Seek own solutions to obstacles that occur from time to time.
· To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times.
· Minimum 2 – 3 year experience in 5 star hotel
· Has ability to supervise and maintain a high level of food production, preparation and delivery throughout the kitchens.
· Has experience working with chocolate to create show pieces.
· Has experience in working and or managing a multi outlet kitchen operation.
· Has experience with conference and banqueting for up to 500 covers daily.
· Has the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
· Uphold ethical business practices.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai
Standing 54 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All rooms feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed, Nespresso® machines and complimentary Wi-Fi. Our comfortable Club rooms offer a welcoming atmosphere combined with style and technology. Enjoy the upside of everything in the Sheraton Club with incredible views from the 31st floor overlooking Dubai as well as complimentary premium internet, beverages and snacks throughout the day on the house and happy hour from 6pm to 8:30pm.