Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
As a senior member of the kitchen team you are responsible for supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, team planning, food budget management, menu delivery and development’s, food and non-food purchasing and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. You will be able to inspire and motivate whilst building a culture of high performance throughout the culinary team.
· Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team to maintain department standards.
· Key relationship with the Executive Chef, Executive Pastry Chef, Executive Sous & Sous Chefs.
· Key relationship with F&B Director, Venue Managers & Banqueting Manager and all Service staff/In Room Dining and Back of House Manager.
· When appropriate represent the Kitchen at Operations meetings, Event Order Meetings etc. at all times being prepared and ensuring seamless flow of communication back to the Kitchen team on any action points.
· Key relationship with the stewarding department and the stewards.
· Ensure all production areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness.
· Ensure all food storage areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness organized efficiently.
· Ensure all food stock items are kept at levels agreed with Executive Chef.
· Previous experience in 3-4 years’ experience in kitchen.
· Has excellent communication skills.
· Ability to supervise and maintain a high level of food production, preparation and delivery throughout the kitchens.
· Have experience in world cuisines like East Asian, South Asian and or Middle Eastern Arabic.
· Have experience with working with & supervising a large brigade of chefs on a daily basis.
· Knowledge of hotel policy and fire-safety procedures.
· Knowledge of Kitchen based firefighting equipment and the appropriate extinguisher for the appropriate fuel element in the event of a fire.
· Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and own the guests.
· Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy.
· Possess a warm and friendly demeanor.
· Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of internal and external customers
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai
Standing 54 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All rooms feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed, Nespresso® machines and complimentary Wi-Fi. Our comfortable Club rooms offer a welcoming atmosphere combined with style and technology. Enjoy the upside of everything in the Sheraton Club with incredible views from the 31st floor overlooking Dubai as well as complimentary premium internet, beverages and snacks throughout the day on the house and happy hour from 6pm to 8:30pm.