We are currently recruiting for an experienced 1st Commis Chef to join our award winning kitchen brigade at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
A Commis Chef is required to work in our diverse kitchen that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as service for our award winning banqueting operation under the guidance of our Executive Chef. The restaurant serves Scottish food prepared combining contemporary flavours with traditional techniques whilst using only ingredients of the finest quality. As a Commis Chef you will be required to perform all preparation and general culinary duties and ensure that your section is fully prepared for service times.
Our expectations of you will have a passion for cooking and food and be able to demonstrate that you are that able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
• Be knowledgeable of classic food preparations, dishes and cooking.
• Have experience in British cuisine.
• Have experience in working in a multi outlet kitchen operation.
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
• Assess quality control and adhere to service standards.
• Seek own solutions to the minor obstacles that occur from time to time
• To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
Unlimited career opportunities
Industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
- Job type
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible