We are currently recruiting for an experienced Chef De Partie to join our award winning kitchen brigade at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
A Chef de Partie is required to work in our diverse kitchen that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner under the guidance of our Executive Chef. The restaurant serves Scottish/British food prepared combining contemporary flavours with traditional techniques whilst using only ingredients of the finest quality.
As Chef de Partie you will be required to lead your section in the kitchen, ensuring it is fully prepared for service times whilst also controlling the other chefs working on it.
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally you will have at least 4 years experience within a rosette standard kitchen environment, which includes banqueting experience.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
• Have experience with banqueting volume
• Be knowledgeable of classic food preparations, dishes and cooking.
• Have experience in British cuisine.
• Have experience in working in a multi outlet kitchen operation.
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
• Assess quality control and adhere to service standards.
• Lead and support the junior members of the team
• Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline
• Seek own solutions to the minor obstacles that occur from time to time
• To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
In return we offer you a competitive salary a share in Tips and Service Charge as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
- Job type
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration