We are currently recruiting for a Duty Manager to join our award winning Front Office team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
· Ensure that we create memorable experiences for our guests
· Supervise the daytime Front Desk and GSC Agents and assign specific task to manage the overall cleanliness and organization of the Front Desk.
· Being the first point of contact for any questions concerns of the staff around the daily operation.
· Handle guest complaints/requests and follow up with guests who have had issues and administer the GEI portal.
· Liaise with other key departments such as Housekeeping, Resort Sales, Events and Concierge
· Build strong relationships with all guests and internal customers
· Manage large group arrivals
· Allocation and welcome of all VIP guests
· Be aware of daily functions, events, VIP and group arrivals
· Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous reception of guests
· Record and administer arrivals and departures
· Assist in training new staff members, coach them and monitor their performance
· Ensure the desk is covered at all times, allocating meal breaks sensibly
· Full awareness of current daily status of Hotel
· Ensure smooth hand over to next shift
· Communication and recording of complaints
· Thoroughly conversant with all room types, décor and outlook
· Prepare documentation for daily business
· Take over project and assist the FOM with project management and carry out any other duties as required
· Cover Night Manager position in their absence when required
We are looking for someone who is energetic and self-motivated and who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally you will have at least 2 years experience within the Front Office department within a 5 star environment, with supervisory experience preferred.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
· High school diploma required, additional hospitality training preferred.
· Extensive Knowledge of Internet/MS Office applications and related IT preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of the Opera PMS
· Starwood experience is a distinct advantage
· Lead and support the team
· To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
· Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction and be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
· Must be a Team Player – Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit.
· Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brand culture.
In return we offer you a competitive salary along with several incentives as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
- Job type
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration