The impact you’ll make
When a guest walks into any of our rooms – imagine that first look around they take. Followed by that sigh of relief because they’ve arrived to their home away from home, be it for a night or a week, and it’s perfect. Everything is exactly in its place.
Crisp, pressed linens. Perfectly placed pillows. A sparkling mirror. Every detail adding up to an experience our guests feel great about because they know they’re in good hands while staying with us. That’s the impact you make with your efforts, which become even bigger when those experiences add up and create a loyal customer.
currently recruiting for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our Housekeeping
team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
Act as a liaison between Housekeeping, Guests and other departments to ensure a positive hotel experience for guest rooms and public areas. This position provides a visible and accessible floor presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon Housekeeping associates’ needs.The position responds to guest requests on the floor and additionally will assist the Executive Housekeeper with day-to-day operations of the housekeeping departments. Provide training, coaching, counselling and development to all housekeeping employees. The Supervisor ensures we have the right room for the right guest ready at the right time, all the time!
· Daily formal inspection of VIP rooms, spot-check guestrooms, corridors and public areas for cleanliness and appearance.
· Train and monitor performance of the Room Attendants consistently. Provide organization, instruction, guidance, communication, counseling.
· Review all relevant communication channels (Opera, Starguest, E-Log, etc) for guest requests, such as early arrival, late departure, special requests and ensure it is provided. Coach team on understanding importance of special request delivery
· Remain visible and accessible on the floors for guest requests
· Complete required administrative functions for start of day, scheduling, office tasks, work distribution and end of day
· Conduct first stage interviews for room attendant position
· Conduct annual PMP reviews for all reports
· Report all maintenance deficiencies in guestrooms and corridors via work orders ensuring that a Log is created for Each Floor, All Suites and the Grand Suite.
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally you will have at least 2 years experience within the Housekeeping department within a 5 star environment, with supervisory experience preferred.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
· High school diploma required, additional hospitality training preferred.
· Knowledge of Internet/MS Office applications and related IT preferred.
· Knowledge of the Opera PMS
In return we offer you a competitive salary as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional demeanor, clear communication and appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
You’re welcome here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
- Job type
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible