- Polished and professional communications skills – verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage workload under own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Courteous and efficient telephone manner
- Strong IT skills required – Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Social Media
- Understanding of Opera programmes would be an advantage
- Professional personal appearance and excellent standards of personal grooming
MAIN SCOPE OF ROLE
By application of strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills support the Sales team in administrative & operational tasks to support the Sales team & their activities. Specific focus
The ability to multi task and use your initiative are key skills required for this role.
The position requires a high degree of self-motivation & ability to work unsupervised, prioritising tasks and managing workload under own initiative.
In addition you will support the Director of Sales with the management of the Sales annual incentive programme
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- By working closely with the England & Ireland Marketing Hub in addition to Marriott approved agencies produce off-line marketing support for the Sales team as and when deemed necessary. This includes (but is not limited to) brochure design, creation and updating of sales presentations, property fliers and newsletters.
- Support Sales Team in providing the highest quality of Guest Experiences for Site Inspections, FAM Trips, Special Events, Sales Blitz, Global Customer Awareness week themed appointment planning & Christmas drop planning. Act as liaison between the Sales Team & the Hotel Operation Teams for these activities
yourself with all hotel operations and ensure effective communication
between departments to ensure delivery of excellent guest service as
- Distribute client communications and manage invitations
RSVPs as and when required.
- Attend client functions as and when required in the capacity of welcome host.
- Prepare & manage all Sales presentations as required.
- Update all iPads with any approved changes to Hotel collateral & presentations.
- Support the Director of Sales with the management of the Sales Incentive Management System process. Responsibilities will include submitting annual goals and monthly results in addition to discrepancy tracking.
- Database Management – responsible for updating and maintaining a number of internal/external databases on a daily, weekly, monthly basis including but not limited to Hotelligence, corporate & leisure database.
- Assist Sales team with preparation for Sales Appointments, International and Domestic Sales trips including ordering catering, printing of rate sheets & production analysis.
- Support Sales team through the RFP season by collating and submitting “request to bid forms” pulling production, part completing RFP sheets, submitting rates in MarRFP/Lanyon, any other online tool or direct bids and auditing rates once accepted.
- Prepared & submit approved contracts to Corporate & Leisure contacts.
- Prepare reports as required by the Sales Team on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
VIP / CARE and complimentary forms are completed and distributed to the
- Create and process complimentary vouchers for accommodation and restaurants as requested. Manage controls around redemption, and liaise with prize winners regarding reservations and the relative Hotel
- Perform occasional project tasks for Director of Sales & Assistant Director of Sales.
Health and Safety
- Represent the department in all matters relating to Health and Safety including being the Fire Safety representative for the team.
- Attend all related meetings and ensure that the department is fully trained and adhering to policy.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with finance, reservations and & operational departments
- Proactively build relationships to understand events / groups with the events sales and event planning teams.
- Participate in departmental and Marriott courses as required / proposed
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- Project a pleasant and positive and professional image to all contacts at all times
Implementation and Standards
· Utilise Marriott International standards
· Adhere to Marriott Telephone standards at all times
· Participate in annual Engagement Survey
- GCSE at minimum; A levels preferred
- Experience preferred but not essential.
· Strong Word-processing skills, with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Itunes, Social Media
· Experience preferred but not essential with Opera Sales and Catering or similar hotel booking system
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Marriott London Complex
Marriott London Complex hotels encompassing The Park Tower Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Le Méridien Piccadilly, Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel, W London Leicester Square and Aloft London Excel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.