At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi Find Your World.™
Sheraton Melbourne Hotel is located on Little Collins Street between Spring Street and Exhibition Street, also referred to as the "Paris End" owing to its Art Nouveau architecture, leafy surrounds and proximity to the city's most chic dining and shopping experiences. The hotel is located within the 31 storey "wavilinear" building which features 174 deluxe guest rooms and luxury suites. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, a spa with 5 dedicated treatment rooms, one all day dining restaurant, lobby lounge bar and a rooftop terrace bar. The hotel also features 669 square meters of meetings and banquet space over 6 flexible rooms.
The Spa Department effectively manages the operation of The Spa at Sheraton Melbourne, providing 5 star spa services. In addition the department oversees the Fitness Centre, which includes a heated indoor pool and sauna and drives recreation memberships.
- Welcome all guests to the Spa, ensuring any special requirements are met and putting guests at ease before their treatment.
- Perform Spa treatments including massage, facials, waxing, manicures/pedicures and body wraps, maintaining discretion and professionalism at all times.
- Be aware of regular guests and ensure their expectations are exceeded whenever possible.
- Perform reception duties including answering the phone and taking bookings, processing payments and following cashiering procedures.
- Selling and up selling of retail products, spa treatments and packages.
- Be actively involved in general cleaning and maintenance of all gym equipment and change room areas.
The successful candidate must have applicable qualifications in beauty therapy and/or massage. With a high standard of personal presentation, the successful candidate will have similar experience within a Spa environment. Armed with a can-do attitude, the ideal candidates will be energetic, friendly, organized and enjoy working in a team environment. Passionate about providing personalised service to our guests, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. All candidates must be available to work a 7 day rotating roster, including holidays and weekends.
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing company. In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefits including:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, family and friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
- Spa treatment discounts at our luxurious The Spa at Sheraton Melbourne
- Associate recognition programs
- Discount CBD parking
- World class training programs
- Strategic career development opportunities
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Melbourne, Australia
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible