Responsible for all front office functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Bell Staff, Switchboard Operations, Guest Services/Front Desk and Retail/Gift Shop, as applicable. As a department head, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Prepare and implement annual business plan for the department. Define the strategic positioning of the department both in the internal and external environment and analyse strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Lead the Department in establishing specific and measurable goals covering all aspects of the Departments operation, devising and implementing action plans for their achievement.
- Preparation of internal administration documents on a timely basis, correspondence, record keeping, direct purchasing and the establishment and maintenance of par levels as appropriate
- Drawing upon the assistance of the Human Resources Department, and in the area of multiskilling and development planning, the Front Office Manager will be held accountable for the effective management, in accordance with Hotel policies and philosophies, of staff at each level.
- Responsibility for effective recruitment, training and development, certification, performance evaluation, turnover reduction and optimisation of productivity through efficient work practices and staff rostering.
- Support and reward staff innovation.
- Maintain open communication with peers, superiors, and subordinates at all times.
- Analyse and respond to guest feedback, guest satisfaction and employee satisfaction information; and give a positive commitment to continuous improvement of product and performance in line with Brand Standards.
Requirements of the role-
- 1-2 years Front Office Hotel Management experience
A comprehensive knowledge of all Front Office Operations
- Effective communication skill
- Well developed people
Full working rights in Australia is a must
- Job type
- Sydney, Australia
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible