Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at http://www.heihotels.com/join-us
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, HEI Hospitality, LLC/Merritt Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Conference Services Manager will create the desired conference and meet clients' needs through active communication, planning, and team leadership.
- An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
- Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the Convention Services Department.
- Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating Audio/Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales is essential.
- Minimum of 1year within the Hospitality Industry required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and ISAC.
- Knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Foxcroft Heights, Arlington, VA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible