Assistant Outlet ManagerAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Assistant Outlet Manager – and let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
Hotel Overview: Experiences are invited at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Hotel (A Fairmont Managed Hotel), located in the heart of downtown Calgary in the midst of the city’s most exciting shopping and recreation area. Our award-winning, 4-diamond, all-suite hotel’s neighboring attractions include the Eau Claire Market, Y.M.C.A. and Prince's Island Park - an extensive parkland which plays host to a multitude of Calgary festivals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager - Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a high degree of visibility and active participation in the day to day operation of the restaurant
- Develop relationships with internal and external guests maximizing repeat business potential to the outlet
- Resolving service issues to the satisfaction of involved parties
- Coaches and mentors Fionn MacCool’s colleagues, creating an environment that enables colleagues to achieve job fulfillment while providing superior customer service
- Assist in developing and implementing initiatives aimed at improving service by streamlining procedures and removing obstacles that hinder service delivery
- To ensure budget objectives are met through sales, merchandising, employee performance, promotions and cost control
- Assist in developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures
- Assist in ensuring par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, and ordering supplies
- Monitor performance through positive feedback, corrective actions as necessary, annual performance reviews and follow up
- Ensures effective utilization and productivity of all employees in Fionn’s, including involvement in staff planning, scheduling, hiring, training and development, forecasting, payroll, budgeting, and inventory
- Provides leadership & coaching for a team of up to 20 colleagues to ensure standards are being maintained and exceeded
- Micros Key Operator, facilitate programming changes
- Display professional behavior, integrity, pride and loyalty to Fionn MacCool’s and the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
- Ensuring all standards of the Hotel and the Franchise are adhered to
- Daily walk-through to ensure cleanliness and product condition standards are being met
- Ensuring marketing and promotional programs are implemented, and kept up to date
- Health & Safety Conscious working to provide a safe environment for employees and guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Three years previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous point of sale system experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Downtown, Calgary, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract