Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub Supervisor/BartenderAt Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts), exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub Supervisor/Bartender, your leadership and passion will ensure outstanding operating results through exciting promotional programs, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Experiences are invited at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Hotel (A Fairmont Managed Hotel), located in the heart of downtown Calgary in the midst of the city’s most exciting shopping and recreation area. Our award-winning, 4-diamond, all-suite hotel’s neighboring attractions include the Eau Claire Market, Y.M.C.A. and Prince's Island Park - an extensive parkland which plays host to a multitude of Calgary festivals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlets Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead the day to day operation of the Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub department ensuring all service standards are followed
- Work as Social Media ambassador for Fionn MacCool's outlet
- Service of food and beverage to Guests in the Irish pub exceed guest expectations
- Assist the department in achieving its financial and operational targets
- Monitor food, beverage, labour and operating expenses throughout the department
- Monitor all guest service standards, constantly improving service as well as increase volumes and profits
- Assist in training, development and coaching for departmental Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow all departmental policies and health & safety standards
- Adhere to brand internal and external audit standards
- Assist in beverage ordering and inventory control
- Responsible for all cash on hand and nightly deposits
Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of pub
Ability to fulfill supervisory shifts 2-3 times per week as required
Available for a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food & Beverage experience in a leadership role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Proserve certified
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift for up to 8 hours
Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 120 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Downtown, Calgary, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible