Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : www.fairmontcareers.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Assistant Front Office Manager
Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues are turning moments into memories for our guests at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts). Showcase your interpersonal strengths as Assistant Front Office Manager, where you will lead, train and recognize your team in support of exceptional guest service!
Experiences are invited at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Hotel (A Fairmont Managed Hotel), located in the heart of downtown Calgary in the midst of the city's most exciting shopping and recreation area. Our award-winning, 4-diamond, all-suite hotel's neighboring attractions include the Eau Claire Market, Y.M.C.A. and Prince's Island Park - an extensive parkland which plays host to a multitude of Calgary festivals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the management of Front Office and Guest Services schedule, utilizing and understanding budgeted productiveness as they relate to business demands and reporting.
- Maximizing Room Revenue by staying current on industry/competitive trends, including assisting with rooms inventory, and setting daily sell rates by supporting Revenue Management Strategies and practices.
- Active participation on the Front Desk so as to ensure an efficient registration and departure process aimed at creating an exceptional customer experience.
- Directly influences the future effectiveness of the hotel through the involvement in recruitment, training, performance management and coaching of Front Office colleagues.
- Coaches and Mentors Front Office and Guest Services colleagues, creating an environment that enables colleagues to achieve job fulfillment along with providing a path for career development.
- Assisting in the management of service delivery to our group business through ensuring details of conference resumes are being adhered to by all Front Office colleagues.
- Conducts and participates in monthly communication meetings. In addition, acts as a liaison with Housekeeping, Maintenance, Food and Beverage and Sales/Catering departments on a regular basis to ensure clear and concise communications.
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety standards are met, procedures followed, and that colleagues have the correct knowledge and tools to work safely.
- Active member and leader of the Emergency Response Team, including Fire Safety, First Aid and general crisis management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Three years of progressive Front Office Supervisory experience required.
- Proven leadership skills that support an environment of colleague growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork, and exceptional customer service.
- University or College Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management an asset.
- Proficiency with Lightspeed and Microsoft Office products. Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform several tasks simultaneously.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunitiesâ€”throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacificâ€”as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Calgary, Canada
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible