- Supervisory role over the carpenters, coaster crew and plumbers. Schedule staff to ensure coverage for Park operating hours and for special projects.
- Working hands on with crew.
- Building and maintaining wood structures, cabinets, counters, countertops, and amusement rides.
- Keep plumbing throughout the Park maintained and working properly.
- Assist with In-Park Capital projects. Work with all departments to coordinate job completion in a timely, efficient and safe manner.
- Coordinate the temporary employees as needed.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining the shop budgets.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Experienced in all aspects of carpentry (rough finish & cabinetry). Experienced in all aspects of plumbing (commercial and residential).
- Complete working knowledge and demonstrated skills of woodworking equipment and of building code requirements.
- Understanding of hardware, hinges, grades of lumber, and installations of all types of doors and paneling. General understanding of commercial plumbing.
- Basic computer skills a plus.
- A valid California Driver's License and High School Diploma or valid GED.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends, nights, and holidays.
POSITION REQUIRES FULL AVAILABILITY TO WORK A VARIETY OF SHIFTS, INCLUDING WEEKENDS, NIGHTS AND HOLIDAYS. CANDIDATE MUST BE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO CLIMB, CRAWL, LIFT, AND WORK FROM HEIGHTS ABOVE GROUND LEVEL ON RIDE STRUCTURES.
Six Flags Magic Mountain offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance. Interested candidates should submit a resume and application to the Human Resources Office.
If you are able to answer "YES" to all of the following questions, please continue the application process by clicking "Apply"
- Can you provide legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States?
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for which you are applying with or without reasonable accommodation?
- Within the last 90 days, can you state that you have not used illegal or social drugs (excluding marijuana), such as MDMA (Molly), cocaine and crystal methamphetamine?
- I am willing to agree that future text messages relating to Six Flags, Inc., including company news, job posting application status updates, and other information, may be sent on behalf of Six Flags, Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.